SO, are you still looking for that perfect, easy, amazingly delicious dessert to serve to your valentine tonight?? Well, have I got something for you! I got this recipe from Southern Living a couple years ago, and it is my Mom and I's go-to recipe when we need a quick, amazing dessert for company.
2 Frozen Puff Pastry sheets (thawed)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use Ghiardelli)
1 cup white chocolate chips (again, Ghiardelli)
10oz frozen raspberry bag (thawed)
2.5 cups powder sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350. Roll out puff pastry sheets so they are 12" by 12". Cut the pastrys into quarters.
2. Divide the white chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate between the 8 sections. Pull up corners together, then pull up remaining sides. Pinch the middle together, so some puff pastry is sticking up like a purse.
3. At this point, you can refrigerate until your party begins! I always make it a couple of hours before the party, then stick it in the oven during dinner so I can serve it right out of the oven!! Bake for 20-25 mins, covering with aluminum foil for the last 10 mins, or until tops are brown and it looks cooked throughout!
4. Place thawed frozen raspberry package into a blender. Pour the 2.5 cups of powder sugar over the raspberrys, mix together with a spoon. Blend the two together, until raspberrys are broken up.
5. Using a wire, mesh sifter over a bowl, pour the raspberry mixture into the sifter. Using the back of a spoon, push the mixture through the sifter (this gets the seeds out). Refrigerate until just before you serve.
6. To serve, pour some raspberry mixture on the plate, top with purse, then sift some powder sugar on top to garnish, and serve!!
Plates with the raspberry sauce!
Finished purse with raspberry sauce!
I didn't take many pictures of the final product or baking process because I had friends over, and, for some reason, people think its weird when I take 1,000 pictures of a dessert lol. Oh, and I got these gorgeous paper plates at Hobby Lobby, on sale (my two favorite words in the english language).
But I hope everyone has a Happy Valentine's Day!!