18 February 2010

Cupcakes, cupcakes, CUPCAKES!

Tonight after my annoying anatomy test, I FINALLY get to retreat back into my kitchen for hours (except during the men's figure skating routines.... gotta love the olympics!).  I am making Red Velvet Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting for my birthday party tomorrow.  The recipe is from The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook, possibly the best cupcake book you could ever buy! (will post recipe/pictures later!)

Tonight I am also experimenting with something new, cupcake pops!! So if you have never heard of these, they are from Bakerella (another baking blog).  I am going to make them as cute party favors for my party tomorrow night, sooo excited to try them out!

Picture from bakerella.com

I will post pics as I bake them... hopefully I won't crash and burn making them... Also, tomorrow I will be making all the rest of the food for my party.  I just finished my grocery list (which, when written out, is absurdly long) and it includes, but is not limited to, 40 oz of cream cheese... yes I love me some cream cheese, but didn't plan this much... every single recipe I'm making just happens to require a pack or so (currently praying no one coming to my party reads this... I want them to eat the food).  But I am excited, because next week I will have lots of awesome and suprisingly healthy (considering said cream cheese) recipes!!

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment