This recipe is from Alton Brown.. and the cookies have this cakey consistency. They just may be the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever eaten.... And I have eaten a lot in my time, bonus? the batter is soooo good to snack on. And, lets be honest, who doesn't love to snack on cookie dough?!
2 sticks unsalted butter
2 and 1/4 cups bread flour (NOT all-purpose flour)
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup sugar
1 and 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 egg yolk
2 T milk
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
3. Pour melted butter into a mixing bowl. Add sugars. Cream together the butter and sugar.
4. Add the egg, egg yolk, milk, and vanilla extract to the pan and mix together completely.
5. Slowly add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl and mix completely.
6. Add the chocolate chips. Chill the dough. Then spoon it out onto parchment lined baking sheets, and bake for ~14mins. Cool completely and store them in an airtight container.
I threw in some white chocolate chips too... because that's just how I felt in the moment... but still only added 2 cups of chocolate chips total.