16 February 2010

Aging and Invitations

When I was little, I used to think that people in college were SOO old! Now, I am out of college and turning 23 in three days... so according to my 8 year old self, I am officially old.  Even though I know I'm not really old, nothing good EVER happens after the infamous 21st bday... I mean the next thing you know, you're 30...  So I figure what better way to celebrate a birthday than with an awesome Girl's Night In, full of laugther, games, food, and, of course, lots of vino!!

First thing to do when you are planning any kind of party, you need to get out your inviations soon!!  In a day where facebook/email/twitter are the ways of communication, it is very refreshing to get an invite in the mail that you can stick on your fridge!  If you live in Birmingham, you need to go to Inflations and Invitations in Homewood (down the street from Soca).  The owner, Sonia Davis, is a close family friend of mine, and she is GREAT at what she does!  She does normal invitations and also does amazing custom wedding stationary.  I would upload mine... but don't want my address displayed on the web, lol.  But, I sent mine out a month ago for a party that is this Friday.

This is an example of one of Sonia's regular invitations from her website, so cute!

Well, I have to go to class, but am making some special treats tonight for party favors, and will post about them later!

Happy Fat Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment