23 March 2010

Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting

Stress. Sucks. So. Much.  UAB med school, not cool for making me wait soooo long to find out whether I will get in our not.. Oh! and South Alabama, you had the audacity to MOVE the day you were supposed to tell us back by two weeks, so I'm mad at you too!

So what do I do when I am seriously stressed out??  If you answered anything other than bake, you don't know me. At all.

When I think of heaven, I think of fluffy vanilla cupcakes covered in amazing chocolate icing... that is what my heaven will have, oh it will also have sprinkles... and cherries... and my bulldog, bc we can cuddle and snore for eternity, not that I snore (thats the dog!).


I should be going to the gym, I should be studying for my test, I should be sleeping (bc right now I am falling asleep on my couch)... I should be doing a lot of things, but right now I say to hell with it ALL!! I want to bake my vanilla cupcakes with scrumptious chocolate frosting, and then curl up on my couch and watch New Moon... again... for the 50th time... don't judge me... so that is exactly what I am going to do.  And it will relieve my stress and make me happy, hopefully.



Ingredients:
1 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
3 T unsalted, room temp butter
1.5 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
1/2 cup milk
1 egg 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 325.  Put flour, sugar, butter, baking powder, and salt into your kitchenaid mixer with paddle attachment and mix on slow speed until you get a sandy consistency.

2.  Add half the milk and mix just until incorporated.

3.  In a seperate bowl, whisk together the egg, vanilla, and the rest of the milk.  Add this to the flour mixer.  Mix all together on a low speed until it is all incorporated.  Scrape down the sides of the bowl.  Mix for a few more minutes or until the batter is smooth.

4. Bake for 20-25 mins, or until light (very light) golden and cake bounces back when you touch.  Let the cupcakes cool on a rack in the pan for a few mins, then remove them from the pan and let them cool completely.

See how light they should be when they are done!

5.  When cool spoon on chocolate or vanilla frosting, whatever is your fancy, add some sprinkles (they just make life more fun).


6.  And enjoy!!

It did make me happier!

Happy Baking (and wish me luck, I find out very soon)!!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Sarah! You deserved to be a doctor more than ANYONE!!!!

    Love the cupcakes - save me one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goog luck!!! Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete