27 January 2010

I can have my cake and eat it too?

Every New Year, hundreds of thousands of people make a resolution to lose weight with the thought "New Year, New You".  A poll done by Emax Health showed that over 78% of people will NOT meet their goals.  Well Southern Cake Girl thinks that is just ridiculous

When trying to lose weight, there are certain things you need to know before you can begin.  First off, fad diets go out of style for a reason... anyone know someone doing the Atkins diet these days???? Me either.  When I started losing weight, I went to a nutritionist, best money spent. period.  She started off telling me about portion control and how to count calories efficiently...  If you are trying to lose weight, this is the way to go.  Many gyms have nutritionists on staff that offer services at VERY cheap prices.  If you are in Huntsville, the Wellness Center offers them to members and non-members at prices like $12/ 30mins... good deal, right?  In Birmingham, The Fitness Center, Gold's Gym, and Anytime Fitness in Hoover offer nutrition counseling.

Now, DO NOT be one of those people who try to lose weight and fail, because you can do it!  I am going to give nutrition advice on my blog often.  I have learned all about nutrition, and if I wasn't going to be a doctor, this is probably what I would do.  First piece of advice, find what you can't live without! When I first went to see Anna (my nutritionist aka God), I told her that there is NO way I would ever be able to stick to a diet without being able to eat chocolate every single day... Her response, "No Problem!".  Anna introduced me to the best stuff ever invented, Skinny Cow Ice Cream!  All the ice cream bars are less than 150 calories, and let me tell you, they don't taste diet!  My diet: ice cream sandwiches... take that fad diets!  SO, find that one thing, that one vice you can't live without and don't take it out of your diet! If you need help finding a low cal version of your vice, make a comment and I will help you!

More advice to come soon!

Happy... baking seems inappropriate here, so... Happy weight loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment