So this past wek has been insane! I have finished school and moved back home (boo). Moving has been stressfull, to say the least, and my entire family is here visiting, so I have been super busy and not able to post, sorry!!
On Mother's day I made Chocolate Chunk Bread Pudding from the cooking light cookbook!! So it's healthy... well healthier then normal. It's very easy to make and tastes sooo good! It is the perfect dessert to make for a dinner with friends or family because you can make it ahead of time and then place it in the oven when you're ready to eat!
The following recipe serves 2 ppl, so adjust the ingredients accordingly to the number of people you are serving.
1 3/4 cup of 1/2 in cubed Hawaiian Sweet Bread (at publix it comes in rolls by the bakery)
2/3 cup milk (i use skim or 2%)
2 T sugar
1.5 T unsweetend cocoa
1 T kahlua
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped (not chips)
2 T fat free cool whip, defrosted
1. Preheat oven to 350. Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet, bake for 5mins of until lightly toasted.
2. Combine milk and next 5 ingredients in a bowl, mix well with a whisk. Add bread and toss gently to coat. Chill for 30mins to 4 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 325. Divide half of the mixture between two 6-ounce ramekins coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with half of the chocolate.
4. Divide remaining mixture between the ramekins. Top with remaining chocolate.
5. Place ramekins in an baking pan with hot water added to a depth of 1in. Bake for 35 mins or until set. Serve warm with cool whip topping!
Happy Baking, and happy belated Mother's Day to all of you amazing Mom's out there! (especially mine)