14 May 2010

Chocolate Chip Pie

Most families tend to have some sort of "secret family recipe" that they have always used.  Well, this could be said to be ours, since it is made for almost every family gathering.  The first time I made it for friends, I made it when I was living at the sorority house in college... needless to say it was devoured within 1 day (2 pies, 1 day, 4 girls, do the math).  Saying it is a huge hit everytime I make it is an understatement.

So I guess the recipe will no longer be a secret, but I have to share it with yall, because I love my readers... few though they may be!


Ingredients: (makes 1 pie)
1 defrosted pie shell (9in, not deep dish)
defrosted fat free cool whip
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 stick butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 325.  In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, melted butter, milk and vanilla extract.  Stir well.  After butter has cooled down some mix in the eggs (beaten already).

2.  Add the chocolate chips and pour it into the pie crust.

And to show that everyone makes mistakes... I accidently bought the deep dish pie crust. Oh well!

3.  Bake for 40-50mins, or until slightly browned on the top!  Serve warm with cool whip, enjoy!!

Happy Baking!!! And I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment